2018-19 registration is currently closed. Use the form below for more information on our 2019-20 season. Deadline to join for the 2019-20 FIRST Robotics Competition Season is 01-14-20 or when we reach capacity. Limited space is available on the team, and we will close enrollment once we reach that limit. We highly recommend that you reach out to us at your earliest convenience. First come first serve!
Please complete the form below for more information on our upcoming season.
We are a year round robotics team that is involved with numerous FIRST Programs and competes in the FIRST Robotics Competition. The best time to join is in the summer. Due to our limited space, we will close enrollment when we reach capacity. New students will attend a rookie orientation, work on new skills, attend demos in the community and engage in team activities.
Our current schedule is posted here. Meetings are held year-round, mostly on Mondays and Wednesdays at our build space with monthly Saturday work and/or fun days.
- May – December Activities include, getting to know the team, learning/advancing new skills, preparing for the new season’s challenge, competing at off-season events, run robotics demonstrations, promoting our programs, and participating in community service. The build space is typically open 5-9pm 6 days a month plus one Saturday.
- January – April The new FIRST Robotics Competition season starts at Kickoff, Saturday, January 4, 2020, and the build season last for about 6 weeks. The competitions run through the end of April. During the build and competition seasons we are typically open Mon-Thurs 5-9 and Saturdays 10am-6pm, sometimes longer.
We are a very outreach oriented team, participating in 30+ outreaches each year. Our current upcoming outreaches are posted on our forum. There are opportunities to volunteer at FIRST events, professional conferences, local STEM events, and more. Additional Exploding Bacon outreach includes Spark Science Kits, our #FIRSTLikeAGirl campaign, and FIRSTalliances.org. There are numerous opportunities to learn not only robotics skills, but important business skills, such as presentation, social media, and marketing, video and more. All students are required to complete a minimum of 15 outreach hours to attend competitions.
Instructions are in club handbook for the following registrations:
ALL CLUB MEMBERS MUST:
- Register on the Forum: http://forums.explodingbacon.com & our Slack group
- Complete all paperwork
- Pay dues
- Complete 15 hours of outreach at our events
- Join one of our business teams
- Plan to attend at least one competition
Member site for parents and students:
Fan site to share with family and friends:
Please check the side bar for all other social media links.
Parents/Coaches to become 4-H Approved Mentors:
Email Elise Cronin-Hurley @ BaconFRCLead@gmail.com for information on becoming a 4-H approved mentor/chaperone. All coaches must be 4-H Approved Mentors. 4-H and FIRST approved parents are needed for demo supervision, coordinating team activities and competition chaperoning.
Dues for 2019-20 season.
Expected Annual Registration is $150-175/student member. (to be voted on during the June 2019 business mtg)
Plus the 2019-20 4-H Dues of $20
All competitions and off-season travel costs are the responsibility of the member.
Complete For More Information